I recently coloured my hair, with bleach as I am hoping to be completely platinum blonde in a couple of months in an attempt to funk up my look. For my sins, I spent some time when I was younger as an apprentice in a hair dressers in Brighton. It was horrible, but I did learn quite a lot. I had seen a lot of bleach disasters, and heard a lot of recommendations, so I knew that the perfect companion to newly bleached hair was 'purple shampoo' as it neutralises brassy tones.
I used some yesterday morning. My hair certainly looks nicer and the blonde is more crisp. But my face looks horrific!! I've had a horrible allergice reaction to the shampoo. Over the course of the day my eyes, face and neck became more itchy. I woke up this morning and my eye was so swollen I could hardly open or close it and it throbbed like crazy. (First picture) I've taken anti-histamine but still looking swollen (2nd picture) The soreness is driving me mad and I had to go to the office with no make up on and a swollen red face.
I'll have to chuck out this bottle of neutraliser I think! Of course not everyone will react in the same way, but I just wanted to help girls to be aware of the affects some cosmetics can have without even thinking about it. I would advise anyone to put a small amount of a new product on the back of their neck or hand 24hours before they use it just to check they won't get gammy pink eye like me. It's not nice
Brighton C x